FRONT OF STORE
Working with retailers, understanding customers
Front of Store is a retail consultancy which advises large and small retailers on operational and strategic matters.
We understand all of the key retail disciplines, and combine common sense with intelligent analysis to provide practical solutions for retailers. We is particularly interested in working with small-to-medium enterprises, and sector specialists.
We love working in shops and meeting customers. The immediacy of the retail environment creates real excitement – a few tweaks in range or presentation can drive an immediate improvement in shop sales; a strategic rethink can radically change the prospects of a business.
From sole traders to established chains, we work with large and small retailers to:
- Identify strategic and operational objectives for individual shops or chains
- Create an appropriate plan of action – sales, margin, costbase, execution, technology
- Implement and follow-up, providing the support to make change happen
Board membership, non-executive appointments and interim support
We can provide short or long-term support for existing businesses:
- Non-executive roles in the commercial and not-for-profit sectors
- Advice on start-ups, acquisitions and turnarounds
- Front of Store is also interested in investment opportunities
Front of Store owner Philip Downer is available to:
- Speak at conferences, seminars
- Work with universities and colleges
- Write for trade journals or the general media
Philip writes a regular blog covering broad aspects of retailing, planning, publishing and the media, also called Front of Store.